This can occur when a donor does not make a gift type selection during the donation process. The Tribute Report looks to the Honor Gift - Type field on the donation form. If this field is left blank, even if the donation is a tribute gift, the transaction will not show on the Tribute Report. In order for tribute gifts to be successfully populated on the report, the Honor Gift - Type data element needs to be required on the donation form so that it is accurately populated by the donor.
Making the Honor Gift - Type data element required on the donation form will force a user to select the Honor Gift Type (In Honor Of or In Memory Of) only when the Honor Gift - Show Honor Fields data element is selected.
A donation form includes the Honor Gift - Show Honor Fields data element. On the front end of the form, a checkbox next to the words "Yes, this is an honor or memorial gift" appears. If the donor does not mark the checkbox, then the next data element, Honor Gift - Type, does not appear. It remains hidden and the donor can continue on with the donation process without any problems. However, if the donor marks the checkbox to indicate that yes, the gift is an honor or memorial gift, then the next data element, Honor Gift - Type, appears and only then is it required to be populated to process the donation. In this way, the donation will automatically be pulled on the Tribute Report.
To make the Honor Gift - Type Data Element required:
- Navigate to Fundraising > Donation Management
- Select the All Donation Forms tab
- Enter the name of the donation form
- Click Search
- Under the Actions column, click Edit
- Select Design Donor Screens
- Next to Donation Form, under the Actions column, click Edit
- If the Data Element is already on the form, under Arrange the order of the selected data elements:, highlight the Honor Gift - Type data element
- If the Data Element is not already on the form, under Select data elements to include in this form, highlight the Honor Gift - Type data element
- Click Add >
- Click Save Order and Edit Selected
- On the Is this field required? option, mark the checkbox that Yes, this field is required
- Click Save