To acquire the System Record ID:
- Go to Analysis>Information Library. Click Add a new Ad-hoc Query and select the Constituent Source View.
- In the middle column, find Name and add it to Include Records Where. Set it to be One of and then add each necessary constituent to the list.
- In the middle column, find Constituent Record and drag it to Results Fields to Display.
- Click the tab to Preview Results at the top. If done correctly, you will now have the constituent's name and System Record ID.
You could then copy these IDs into the Members Receiving Cards Members 1 field in the Excel file being used for import. For a larger list of imported members, we may want to perform an Import Selection. An import selection looks for just the Lookup IDs in an Excel file. It will then pull all records listed and create a selection of these Constituents. We have a video to walk you through this process here.
When going through the import process, we'll need to map the field where we input our Constituent System Record IDs. This field is part of a Collection Field, which is meant to collect multiple potential entries for each constituent in the import. In this case, a membership may have multiple constituents receiving cards, so we could list all of them in one import. To map this field:
- Go to Administration>Import. Add a new import by clicking Add at the top.
- Choose the Excel file from earlier to be the Import Source.
- Click Map Fields. If you have used the Membership Dues Header File, we could click Auto Map at the top of the chart to have Altru Map these fields for us.
- Find Members Receiving Cards and click this line.
- At the top of the chart, click Map Collection Field. This will bring you to the fields used within the Collection Fields. Map these to match the Template. Members 1 will be the field we need mapped to our System Record IDs.
- Once Done, click Save and the Import will be ready to process.
If you need further assistance on Imports, we have a separate Knowledgebase article for the import process.