- Create your query to pull the households you want to reflect in the export and be sure to save the query as a Selection.
- Create and process Smart Field using steps #1 and #2 here. Create a Smart Field for each fiscal year you want a column for in your export. Additionally, if you want a column for total giving, create a final Smart Field for this as well.
- Navigate to Administration>Export Definition and create the Export Definition to include all of the fields we want in each column of our final export. For example: first/last name, address, city, state, zip and email address. Next, include the Smart Fields we created above.
- Finally we will create our export process: Navigate to Administration>Export, click Add, change Export type to Export Definition and add our Export Definition and Selection we created above.
- Once export is saved, we can process export to view the final results.
Note: Your query source view and export definition source view must be the same.