When selling stock in batch, you may receive the following error when you try to commit your batch:
In account system "System Generated Account System", a mapping does not exist for Office: Fixed Assets-Payments, Payment method type: Sold Stock
This has been resolved in Service Pack 17. Please download and install the latest Service Pack which contains all fixes from previous patches. If you are running an older version, download and install the latest version and then the patch.
Steps to Duplicate
1. Click Administration --> General Ledger Setup
2. Select System Generated Account System
3. Check the Define Transaction Mappings > Fixed Assets
4. Confirm that you do not have any entries in the Stock, Gift-in-Kind, and Property fixed assets office.
5. Click Administration --> Batch --> Batch Entry
6. Add a new batch with the Enhanced Revenue batch template (This is an ERB based template with all OOB fields)
7. Enter a donation with the payment method of stock. In addition, add the applicable information to sell the stock (in the Batch, you may need to click Customize fields to add the stock sale fields such as "Sale amount," "Sale date," "Sale fees," "Sale GL post date," "Sale GL post status," "Sale high price," "Sale low price," "Sale median price," and "Stock sale number of units")
8. ** Make sure that both the "GL post status" and "Sale GL post status" are set to DO NOT POST.**
9. Valite the Batch
10. Note that you receive the error: In account system "xxxxx", a mapping does not exist for Office: Fixed Assets-Payments, Payment method type: Sold Stock