Correct the register by reversing the original Journal Entry:
1. In General Ledger, open Configuration and click Business Rules.
2. Select Journal Entry.
3. Mark the Allow journal entries to cash accounts without adjusting the bank register checkbox.
4. In Journal Entry, reverse the original batch.
5. Ensure that the box to make adjustments to the bank register is NOT marked.
6. Post the reversal.
7. Copy the original batch as regular.
8. Ensure that the box to make adjustments to the bank register IS marked.
9. Post the copied batch.
10. Reset the Business rule by repeating steps 1 through 3 above and Unmarking the Allow journal entries to cash accounts without adjusting the bank register checkbox.
Correct the register by creating Bank Adjustments.
1. In Journal Entry, reverse the posted batch.
2. Post the reversing batch.
3. Create a copy of the original batch.
4. Mark the Create Bank adjustments when posting to bank's cash account checkbox.
5. Post the new batch.
Add an adjustment in the bank register with a Post status of Do not post.
To prevent this issue in future batches, verify the bank account has the correct cash account defined and set the business rule to create bank adjustments when posting to a bank's cash account. For more information, refer to How to create a bank adjustment from a journal entry.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.