Step #1: Check your workflow rules:
- Go to administration.
- Go to Batch
- Click Batch entry.
- Here you will see a list of your batches, Look at the batch that is marked read-only and check the batch template.
- From the taskbar select batch workflows
- Click the hyperlink for the name of the batch template you are using.
- Check that one of the statuses has a checkbox to allow edits
Step #2: Edit or Add a New Step:
To Edit an existing step:
- Click the expand button next to your step
- Click edit
- Check the box to allow edits
To Add a new step:
- Click Add
- Name the new status
- Check the box to allow the batch to batch to be edited (you might also what to check the box to allow the batch to be committed in this status).
- Click save.
- Click edit next to step 2: define the steps used to transition a batch from one status to another.
- Use the drop-down under from status to select the status that cannot be edit.
- Name the step
- Use the drop-down under to status to select the status that can be edited.
- Hit save
- From the task menu click batch entry
- Hit expand next to your batch number.
- Click update status
- Use the drop-down for "next step" to select the step you added.
- Assign the batch to the user who will make edits.
- Click save.
- Click the expand button next to your batch template and click edit.
- You should now be able to edit your batch.