Hiding fields and denying access to query fields can be done by denying query views within the security folder for the type of query and clearing permissions in the Query security folder. For example, the steps to prevent users from accessing the Address Processing Option field in a constituent ad-hoc query are detailed below.
1) In feature permissions go to the Constituent folder.
2) Filter on query views.
3) Deny access to "Address Processing Option Addresses Query" and "Address Processing Query."
4) Go to the Query security folder.
5) Filter on System permissions.
6) Clear or Deny the "Allow access to all query views."