- Go to Analysis > Information Library
- Click Add an Ad-hoc Query
- In the Select a Source View window, highlight Constituents and click OK.
- A new ad-hoc query screen will appear. In the left column, highlight Relationships. From the middle column, drag Reciprocal relationship type to Include records where. Set this field to be "Equal to" or "One of" the different types of relationships that children have with their parents. For example: Child, Daughter, Son, etc.
- (Optional) If you'd also like to view the relationship types, from the middle column, drag Reciprocal relationship type and Relationship type to Results fields to display.
- (Optional) If you'd like to view the full name of the child, from the middle column, drag Related constituent name to Results fields to display.
- In the left column, expand the Relationships node that you highlighted in the previous step. Highlight Related Constituent. This node will provide you with details about the Child. From the middle column, drag Birth date to Include records where.
- When the Apply Criteria window pops, select the month you'd like to see from the drop down. You can also choose "This month (any year)," "Next month (any year)," or "Last month (any year)." In this example, we are looking for all constituents that have a birth date next month:
- (Optional) If you would also like to see the birth date of the child, drag Birth date from the middle column to Results fields to display.
- Next, you can add fields to Results fields to display to view information about these records. For example, you could add: Email Addresses\Email Address. Tip: If you'd like to only see one email address for each constituent, see our related solution here: I need to include one email address or one phone number in query output. Here is an example of how the final query might look:
- On the Set Save Options tab, name your query.
- (Optional) If you would like to use this query in an Appeal Mailing to send an email through Altru to these constituents, also check the box to Create a selection. For more information on how to run a mailing process, see our related solution: How to run an Appeal Mailing (includes video demo)
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.