If you receive a run-time error 6 message when launching GIFTS, then it is most likely due to an issue with high resolution settings. GIFTS can run on a workstation with a maximum resolution of 1920x1080. To correct the error, take the following steps:
1. From your Start menu in Windows, launch Control Panel or search for Control Panel and launch
2. Within Control Panel, open Display options
3. Within Display, you should have an option that says 'Adjust resolution' > Click this option
4. Set the Resolution to 1920x1080 or less > Click 'Apply'
5. Once the new Resolution is set, launch GIFTS and the error should clear