The security must be set to each file individually.
To set security for a file that has been uploaded to NetCommunity:
- Log into NetCommunity as a administrator
- Go to: Site Explorer > Files
- Find the file that you want secured/password protected.
- Click the pencil next to the file name to edit it's properties.
- Click the Targeting & Security tab.
- Click: Add users and roles.
- Search for the Role (user group) or individual user you want to have access to the file.
- Click on the Role/User to highlight it.
- Under: Assign permissions, put a check next to the privileges the user will have when accessing the file: View, edit, etc...
- Click the Add button to add the Role/Individual.
- Repeat until you have added all of the desired Roles/Individuals that are to have access to the file.
- Click: OK.
- You will be returned to the Targeting and Security page.
- Make sure the options for the default User/Role Name: "Everyone" are UNCHECKED.
- Click Save.
If a user that is not logged in tries to access the file, they will be prompted to log in before they can view it.