- Go to Administration > Smart Fields
- Click Add to add a new smart field.
- Add a Constituent Revenue Application Amounts smart field (we recommend this type because if anyone makes a split gift, Altru will only return the amount applied to the designation you specify).
- On the General Tab, name your Smart field and add a description if you would like. On the Parameters Tab:
- Under Value to return, select Total application amount.
- Under for, select Household Revenue. To see recognition for the Household members, select Household member revenue recognition.
- Under Revenue, Revenue types, select the revenue types you would like to see (in this case most likely donations)
- Under Transaction type/Application, select the transaction types/applications, you would like to see (for example, you may want to see payments only, so mark payments for donations, matching gifts, pledges, and recurring gifts).
- Note: For more information about what to select, you can refer to our related solution What Revenue and Transactions should I select when creating a smart field will assist you in this process
- If you are using a smart field for recognition credits, under Recognition Credit types, select the recognition credit types you would like to see. (Note: If you leave recognition types unchecked, this will pull in all recognition types).
- (Optional) Under Application Selection, you can narrow your smart field further using a Revenue Application query selection. For example, if you would like to only calculate donations to certain designations in your totals, you can create a selection of revenue to those designations only.
- Under Timeframe, select the timeframe you would like to consider.
- Save your Smart Field.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.