This is resolved in patch 8, released in January - February 2018 and applied to databases in Blackbaud Hosting Services. If your database is installed locally, download and install the latest version and patch, if applicable.
To resolve this issue in patch 7:
If the batch contains two First Name fields:
- Review the contents of each First Name column.
- One column may contain Primary Salutations instead of First Names. Note the incorrect column.
- Go to Tools > Edit batch setup.
- Click the Fields tab.
- Find the field in the right pane that contains Primary Salutations instead of First Names. Remove from the right pane.
- If needed, add Primary Salutation (and any other needed fields) from the left pane to the right.
- Click Data Entry.