After a constituent purchases a ticket to a program or general admission event or reserves an event or facility (i.e. made a group sale), a constituency of “Patron” is automatically added to their constituent record.
If you do not want to define constituents who reserved a facility through a custom item as a patron, add an additional Constituency of Facility Rentals to allow you to exclude these constituents from processes such as Queries and mailings.
- Add the New Constituency:
- Go to Constituents > Constituencies.
- Click Go to Constituency Code Table under Tasks.
- Click Add. Note: This requires the Code Table System Role.
- Enter the description for a new code table, i.e. Facility Renter or Rental Client
- Click Ok.
- Apply the New Constituency to the Rental Client:
- Go to Constituents > Constituent Search.
- Search for and select the individual.
- Go to the Personal info tab.
- Click on the Constituencies sub tab.
- Click Add > User-defined.
- Select the new constituency from the dropdown list.
- Add dates to and from, if wanted.
- Click Save.