In the meantime, click Cancel until this message goes away. The number of times you have to click Cancel will vary, but continue to click Cancel until it goes away. Then you will be able to edit your letter. This will reoccur every time you edit the letter unless you remove hidden elements from your letter.
To prevent the authentication popups, you will need to log in to Altru using Internet Explorer. Only IE allows you to see and delete the elements within the letter causing this issue.
Once you have bypassed the authentication screen clear the merge fields in the acknowledgment letter that have an [ X ] next to them and save your letter.
- Click Marketing and Communications > Acknowledgments
- Click the arrow next to your letter > Click edit
- Under the Write your letter's content section click edit
- Delete all merge fields with an 'x' symbol next to them
- Ok > Click Next > Click finish and close
It is best to check all letters for these hidden elements and remove so that the issue does not continue when edited other letters.