- Navigate to onCampus > Settings > Academics
- Click on the Marking Periods Tab
- Edit into the Semester 1 Marking Period
- Update the Description to instead reflect Quarter 1 and update the End date to reflect when Quarter 1 should end
- Click Save & Exit
- Label the Marking Period in your Description (such as Quarter 2)
- Set the Start Date to be after the end date of Quarter 1
- Set the End Date to the last day of your term (shown across from the term above)
For the teachers, what this will look like is all historical Gradebook Data will be preserved; However, any 2nd Quarter Grade Book Assignments will still appear in Quarter 1. To correct this, your teachers can do the following:
- Navigate to Classes > [Name of the class to be updated]
- Click on the Gradebook Tab
- Edit into any assignment by clicking on the elipses (...) below the assignment and click "Edit Assignment Settings"
- Click Save
Another thing to keep in mind is if you have any Grading Formulas associated to Grade Book Cumulative grades they would need to be adjusted in onRecord to pull from the correct Grade Book.