- Navigate to: Academics > Grades > Grading Setup > Grade Plan Grades
- Click '+'
- Create a value for what you would like. Example: 'Sem 1 Grade (for ref)', as here:
- Navigate to: Academics > Grades > Grading Setup > School Year Setup
- Enter filters and 'view' the term you wish to create the reference in (ex: in Sem 2):
- Click 'edit'
- Click 'Add Grades/Comments' as here:
- Select the value you defined in step 3:
- Select the appropriate grade category (should match the original grade plan grade's grade category):
- Enter a sort order value
- To the right of this, click on the 'Formula (0)' button, then 'add'
- Enter a sort order, a name, and in the 'Report Card Grade' selection: your intended value set to 100%, as here:
- Click 'close'
- Click 'Save & Exit'
The new Grade Plan grade settings should appear as here:
Now, when a grade is entered by a teacher under 'Grading' in (example) the Sem 1 Grade Plan Grade location, as here:
When you click 'calculate' in the Sem 2 Grade Plan (still under the 'Grading' tab) for the 'Sem 1 Grade (for ref)' grade plan grade, you will see the just-created formula (from Step 12), as here:
which will then pull in the prior term's report card grade (not marking period grade from grade book), as here: