- The Family Code is intended to be at the Family level, and an example would be Parish Member versus Parish Non-Member.
- The family will answer the Family Code question at the very end of the application in the Special Circumstances section, and the Student Code will be answered by the family earlier in the Household Information section. The family may only choose one Family Code for the family (for example a family could not say they are both Parish Members and Non-Members) and they may only choose one Code per student.
- The Student Code is intended to be at the student level, and an example would be one sibling might be a returning financial aid application while another sibling might be a new financial aid applicant.
- The Student Codes could be New versus Returning. Both Codes are self-identifying by the family on the application (the family will answer questions as to which codes apply to them) and the school also has the ability to change the parent answers on the Family Details page.
To manage these codes in the school account:
1. Hover over Settings and click Family & Student Codes.
2. Enter the desired Codes and be sure to click Save in both the Family and Student Code sections.