When users open Accounts Payable module, the expectation is that the module will open normally. However, if there is an issue with the database, users may open it and receive the error below
Error #2147221504 Error occurred while reading View Columns in View Object
If you receive this error when opening Accounts Payable module in GIFTS/GIFTS Alta, we recommend taking the following steps to resolve the issue:
1. Please make sure all users are out of GIFTS.
2. Create a back up of the gifts.mdb in case there is an issue when running the utility. To do this, simply right-click the .mdb > Click Copy > Right-click the white-space in the same folder > Click Paste, the file saves as GIFTS - Copy.mdb
3. Go the GIFTS directory and locate the GFWDBM Utility and double click on it to open it > GIFTS login pops up > log in as the Admin user or a user with Admin privileges > Click OK
4. Select Repair/Compact > Click OK > a message will come up stating that GIFTS has located a backup file > Delete it? > Click “YES” > Utility will run.
5. GIFTS Database Maintenance Tool message will pop up stating the repair and compact ran successfully > Click OK