- Launch the ODBC connection manager - C:\Windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe
- Click on the "System DSN" tab
- Double click the RE database connection
- Verify the "Server" that is selected, is correct
- Click Next
- NOTE: The option "With Windows NT authentication using the network login ID" is normally selected on this page.
- Click Next
- Verify the correct database name is selected
- Click Next
- Click Finish
- Click Test Data Source.
If the ODBC connections all checkout, verify the database number in the BBUpdate.ini file for the RE database.
What is the BBUpdate.ini file?
- Open the BBUpdate.ini file on the REWS and take note of the database number that the REWS is connected to.
- Just above the database information for the live database, you will see [DatabaseXX], were 'XX' is the database number.
Verify the RE database number in the BBUpdate.ini matches the RE database number in NetCommunity.
- Log into NetCommunity as an admistrator,
- Go to: Admistration > Sites & Settings|Web Services tab
- make sure the Database Number under: "The Raiser's Edge settings" matches the database number in the BBUpdate.ini file
- If not, change the database number so that it matches
- Click: Save
If you are getting an error accessing Administration > Sites & Settings in NetCommunity, contact Blackbaud and request the change. This will have to be done by our hosting team.
If filtering IPs, make sure you are allowing inbound/outbound traffic on port 443 (and port 80 if your network security guidelines allow it) from the following IPs
The NetCommunity Datacenter iPs:
- US clients:
- For Canadian clients: Vancouver:
126.96.36.199 – 252 (This range of addresses must be open)
Reference: How to configure Firewall to specific IP addresses for NetCommunity and The Raisers Edge
See article: IP Addresses and hostnames for the Blackbaud Payment Service, Blackbaud Checkout (formerly Blackbaud Secure Payments) and Blackbaud Merchant Services for the most up to date list.
BBNC Services (eMail):
See article: What IP addresses are used by Blackbaud NetCommunity, Internet Solutions, Online Express, and Altru to send emails? for the most up to date list.
You may also need to allow the following iPs to ensure emails send properly:
Also make sure you are allowing inbound/outbound connection on port 443 (and port 80 if your network security guidelines allow it) for the iP address tied to your Domain name.
Your Domain name is associated to the bbcust URL for your site (This is critical for the plugin to be able to connect to NetCommunity database)
- Your bbcust URL is - xxxx.bbnc.bbcust.com, where 'xxxx' is your site ID.
To get the IP address associated with you Domain name/bbcust URL:
- Go to: MXToolbox.
- Click: DNS Lookup on the far right of the black menu.
- Enter your bbcust URL in the blank and click DNS Lookup.
- This should return an "A" record entry that shows the bbcust URL as the Domain Name and its associated iP Address.
- Add this to your firewall exceptions.