To enable this (for example, for the student role):
- Navigate to Core> Settings> Profile> Profile Fields
- Select the 'Students' category
- Click 'Edit' at the top right
- Change the 'Password' field to the right-most (edit) radio button
- Click Save
Once this is enabled, then, when a student logs in (not an impersonation) they can:
- Click on the user's profile picture at the top right
- Select 'Settings', which takes them to 'login settings'
- Click on the pencil to the right of 'Password'
- Change the password
- Click 'Save'