I’m trying to configure our new tax rate. I created two tax entities but combined them in one tax, is there a way to get a report that details what percentage goes to which tax entity? One has a 4% rate and the other a 3% rate, we only want to show the combined 7% rate on the receipt but for reporting. I also would like it broken out on the back end.
If you combine multiple tax entities into a single sales tax, it will appear as one sales tax on the customer’s receipt. Altru does not have a way to break out the reporting or queries by the tax entity. So, you will have to separate those amounts outside of Altru.
If you need that information for reporting, the recommended practice is creating two separate taxes. Keep in mind this method will appear as two taxes on the customer receipts.
Please also note that for merchandise items, Altru will only one tax so you would need to combine multiple taxes into one common assignment for any taxes that may apply to merchandise sales.