Site Administrators can download a hotfix utility from the downloads page for The Raiser's Edge or The Education Edge, HotFix_EnableStrongCrypto.exe, to make these edits for you.
Note: If running for Connect EE or the NetClassroom/FAWeb SSO, this will need to be performed on the server with Web Services installed.
- Download HotFix_EnableStrongCrypto.exe from the downloads page for The Raiser's Edge, or The Education Edge
- Install all Windows Updates
- Run HotFix_EnableStrongCrypto.exe. NOTE: Utility must be run as an administrator. To run as an administrator, right-click on HotFix_EnableStrongCrypto.exe, and select Run as administrator.
- Click on the button Apply Hotfix.
- Reboot your machine
- If running for ConnectEE, refresh Web Services in The Education Edge after the reboot.