Due to current limitations with the dashboard functionality, this is functioning as expected.
To allow the dashboard functionality to work on different form factors, each dashboard is actually three separate dashboards built for different screen sizes (Desktop, tablet, phone). Depending on screen size, we load the specific dashboard built for that screen size. Each dashboard has its own filters. When you resize from desktop to a size small enough so that it thinks you are on tablet, you are causing the page to load a different dashboard built for that screen size which doesn't have your filters set. If you restore back to the original size, the filters will then be set because you reloaded the original desktop dashboard which had the changed filter.
In a future iteration of our reporting dashboards, this issue will no longer occur.
Some device browsers may allow you to request the Desktop screen size so you can access saved views. Please note that this option will not be optimized for a mobile or tablet device (i.e. may appear really small and you'll have to zoom in and around to view the information), but the information will be listed as desired:
- Open the browser on the desired device
- Tap on the browser menu button (usually ... or = )
- Select the option to Request Desktop Site (exact wording may vary)
- Tap on the web page to close the menu
- The page should refresh automatically for the Desktop version or tap the Refresh button to load it