Because this email address is used as username and also used to send their password reset email, Altru will not allow two separate constituents to share the same email address when setting up their online registration profile.
If a person tries to sign up with an email address that is already being used, they will receive the following alert:
You can customize this alert to include additional information:
- Click on "Web" to access the Web module.
- Click on "User registration Settings" under Configuration.
- Click on the "Language" tab in the upper left corner of the window.
- Select the "Validation" option in the Category field and review the Text field for the "Cannot Create User" field.
- Edit the text field to enter a phone number or email address that the user can contact your offices. You can also advise the user to include the email address that they are trying to use.