If you want to just view a list of cancelled reservations you can use the Group Sales Calendar:
- Click on "Sales" in the main navigation.
- Click on "Group Sales"
- In the Filters section keep only the "Cancelled Reservations" box checked.
- Click on List to change from a calendar grid view into a list view:
- You can then rotate through different months to review cancellations:
You can set up a query to create a list with additional information that you can export out of Altru.
- Click on "Analysis" to access the module.
- Click on "Information Library" to enter the query functionality.
- Click on "Add an ad-hoc query" just abov the list of queries:
- Select "Reservation" in the Record Type field and then click on "Group Sales Reservation" and "OK" to select the source view for this query:
- We can set up a query with the parameters we need. Make sure that the Group Sales Reservation node is selected on the extreme left. Drag the "Arrival Date" window to the upper right Include records where window. And then use the "Is" criteria to narrow the reservations down to a date interval of choice. Click "OK". Your view should be like this:
- We now need to target those reservations that have been cancelled. In the extreme left window click on the plus sign to expand the "Order" node and then select the "Sales Order Status" field and drag it to the same criteria window and then with the "Equal to" criteria select "Cancelled" as the order status. Click "OK":
- We have now narrowed the results down to cancelled reservations within the time interval of choice. We can identify which fields we want to display in our list. By default Altru displays the Name of the reservation. Drag the Arrival date field that we selected earlier into the Results fields to display in the lower right window:
- To get the name of the patron on the reservation, in the extreme left window click on the plus sign to expand the "Order" node and then expand the "Constituent" node and then drag the "Name" field from the center window into the lower right window:
- For the contact person, expand the "Contact", and then drag the "Name" field from the center column into the lower right window:
- A useful field to add would be the amount of the order. To pull this information, click on the "Order" node again and just drag the "Amount" field from the center window into the Results fields to display window:
- if your organization uses Group type in its reservations you may also choose to include that field to learn a little bit more on the groups that are cancelling. To pull this information, expand the "Itineraries" node and then drag the Group type field from the center window to the lower right window:
- You can clean up the column headers of the export file by selecting a field in the display window and then clicking on the header icon:
- Your final display of the criteria and display windows should resemble this display:
- We suggest using the "Preview" tab to confirm the output of your query before you save it:
Bonus: If your organization uses Group Types and you would prefer to narrow your results to a specific set of groups (like just schools for example), you can just drag the Group Type field into the criteria window and restrict it to group types of your choice: