What is Blackbaud's scope of support with form embedding issues?
Blackbaud does not support the embedding of the Online Express script into your website's CMS. If you require assistance embedding your Online Express script into your website, please contact your web team/CMS vendor.
Why doesn't Blackbaud support the embedding of the Online Express script into my website's CMS?
- The CMS tool used by each customer varies
- There are many CMS tools available for use and Blackbaud does not have subject-matter expert knowledge of all CMS tools our customers might use
- The functionality of each CMS varies, so it is best to work with a subject-matter expert when working within your organization's CMS
What is Blackbaud's scope of support with form display issues?Blackbaud will support Online Express forms that are embedded using the the script as it appears on the That's it tab of the Online Express form wizard.
Blackbaud does not support scripts that have been manipulated or scripts embedded using the form's raw HTML.
Support will troubleshoot display issues up until it is confirmed that the script (as it appears on the That's it tab) is not the root cause of the display issues.
What content management systems are compatible with Online Express?Online Express has been tested and validated to work with some of the most common content management tools including Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, and DotNetNuke.
Online Express has also been tested and validated to work with other Blackbaud content management systems like Blackbaud NetCommunity and Luminate Online.
While not all website management tools are tested and verified compatible with Online Express, this does not mean Online Express forms will not work with your organization's content management system. Blackbaud will continue to troubleshoot Online Express forms (that are embedded using the the script as it appears on the That's it tab of the Online Express form wizard) until it is confirmed that the script is not the root cause of the display issues.
Yes, please visit www.blackbaud.com/bboxtips for suggested steps for embedding your Online Express forms.
Are there any suggested tips with the CMS tools Blackbaud has tested?
What if my content management system doesn't natively support the Online Express script?Please consult with your web team and CMS vendor to discuss your potential options. If your vendor is unable to provide additional options for using Online Express' scripts, please contact your Account Manager to discuss additional product options you might have.
What should I do if Blackbaud Support confirms that script is not the culprit?We recommend contacting your web team/CMS vendor for assistance troubleshooting your webpage's code and CMS.
What troubleshooting steps can I take to rule out the Online Express script?
- Ensure you are embedding the script as it appears on the That's it tab of the Online Express form wizard
- Confirm that the form previews correctly within the Online Express plugin
- Embed the script into blank webpage and confirm the form displays correctly
What should I do if the troubleshooting steps confirm the Online Express script is the culprit?Contact Support with the following information:
- A brief description of the behavior that's occurring
- The name of the impacted form
- The script that you are embedding
- The URL to the webpage where the impacted form is embedded
- A screen shot of the form preview in the Online Express plugin
- A URL to the blank webpage where the form is embedded (from Troubleshooting Step #3)