To add the Invoice line item description field to the Invoice record's journal reference:
- In Accounts Payable, click Configuration > Posting Information.
- Select Invoice from the left frame
- On the right, mark the radio button for Debit to build the journal references for line items posting to debit accounts, and/or mark the credit option to create journal references for line items posting to credit accounts.
- To enter a new field or separator into the reference either:
Select the empty row at the bottom of the grid or select an existing row, right-click and select Insert Row to insert a new row before the existing row
- Select Invoice Line Item Description from the drop-down list in the Field Name column.
- Enter a length to the right
- The settings will save automatically once you navigate away from this page
To confirm the new settings, test by just validating a post (not actually posting):
- In Accounts Payable > Administration > Post
- Create a new Post parameter
- On the filters tab, select a date range that has Invoice activity or filter on an invoice record and set the other record types to None.
- On the Format tab, select to preview the report instead of print
- Click Validate
- Based on the results, confirm if any further changes need to be made to the posting information