- Add the word 'Honors', 'AP', 'Advanced', etc before a course title for a student, if they are completing above-level work, but need to remain enrolled in a lower-level course. Grading information would need to be edited separately for the student via Enter Grades by Student.
- Course Distinctions could also be used to force an (MED), (INC), (DROP), (W), or other custom notation to appear before a course title, if there is no other functional means is available.
To add a course distinction type:
- Navigate to Academics> Grades> School Year Setup> Course Distinctions
- Click 'Add'
- Select the Group Type of the course you want the distinction to apply to
- Enter the 'Distinction' (the actual text you want to append to a course name)
- Enter a Description if needed
- Navigate to Academics> Grades> Grades> Grades> Management> Enter Grades by Student
- Using the filter options on the left, search for the student you need to add/edit grades for
- Click 'View' to update results
- To the right of Course Distinctions, click View
- Click the dropdown in the 'Distinction' column for a given course, and select the desired Course Distinction to append to the course name for the student
- Click 'Save & Exit'
For additional information, please see the help topic regarding course distinctions here