- Go to onRecord> Procedures
- Click on Master Schedule
- Click Options
- Click Cancel Classes
- Check the school levels for which to cancel classes
- Enter the begin date and end date for which to cancel classes, if classes are only canceled for one day, enter the same begin and end date.
- Click Next
- Enter a holiday message or announcement if desired. This message will display to users on My Day.
- Select either No classes (Skip) if classes should revert back to the normal schedule on the next scheduled day, or No classes (Bump) if the schedule should be pushed out. If No Classes (Bump) is selected the schedule will be pushed back the number of days that classes were canceled.
- Click Save & Exit.
To cancel specific classes:
- Go to onRecord > Procedures > Master Schedule
- On the day you would like to cancel classes, click on the Edit link in the right hand corner
- Scroll down to meeting times and across from them you can click on the Cancel checkbox
If a school enters pre-excused absences for students and then decides at 5:00AM, for example, to change the day to a 2 hour delay they will be able to make the changes to the schedule. It is only once attendance is actually entered for the day does the day become locked down.
To change the Schedule Day of the Rotation:
- Go back to the Master Schedule
- On the day you would like to change the schedule rotation, click on the Edit link in the right hand corner
- Scroll down to either Edit all Schedule Sets or Edit Specific Schedule Sets to set No classes (Bump) or No classes (Skip).
Currently it is not possible to change the Schedule Day of Rotation on the same day as classes.
The terms, Skip and Bump, refer to how to handle that day's rotation. For example, let's refer to a school that has a two-day rotation. On Day 1, Periods 1 through 4; and on Day 2, Periods 5 through 8 meet. Let's say that today (Monday) is Day 1, tomorrow (Tuesday) is Day 2, the following day (Wednesday) is Day 1, etc. Tomorrow is a special day where there are no classes. That would normally be Day 2 in the rotation. Do you want Wednesday to be a Day 1 or a Day 2?
- If you edit Tuesday's schedule to say No Classes (Skip), Tuesday's normal rotation day (2) would be skipped and Wednesday would be Day 1.
- If you edit Tuesday's schedule to say No Classes (Bump), Tuesday's normal rotation day (2) would be bumped to Wednesday and Wednesday would be Day 2.
- In either case, the normal rotation picks up again after Wednesday.
This would also apply in the case where classes meet and you are following a special schedule. Which day in the rotation should be following day be? Skip would omit that day from the rotation, while Bump would move that day's rotation to the next.