If there is a grade plan formula entered for a single term course, but not for a multi-term course (or vice versa), then a Teacher will be asked to create a formula. It is important for the school to create formulas for both single term and multi-term courses, if both are using the same grade plan.
Note: Formulas will only work with standard grade plans.
To create a formula:
- From the persona menu, select onRecord.
- Click Grading under Settings.
- In the Grade Plan Groups drop down menu, select the Standard Grade Plan and click the View button.
- Click View link to enter the grading period to add the formula for.
- Click Edit in the Grade Plan Detail screen.
- In the Formula column, click the down arrow/carat and then click on either Add Single Term (for single-term classes) or Add Multi Term (for multi-term classes).
- Enter the formula's Sort Order and Description.
- Under the term, select the grades that you would like to include in the calculation and put in the percentage that each should be weighted
- Grade Book Terms come from Grade Book > Grading Periods
- If Grade Book is not installed, use the report card grades. If these were recorded as a letter, the equivalent score will be used to calculate the grade.
- Choose the number of decimal places and whether the formula should round.
- Click Close to save changes.
- Repeat for other formulas and Grade Plans - some examples of these include "Final Term with No Exam" or "Single-Term Exam."