If Parents are not seeing Course Requests for their children and Course Requests are open (i.e. a Begin Date is entered for the school year and school level under Course Request Settings), then the tasks within the Parent role for Online Signup may be turned off.
To turn the setting back on, follow these steps as a Platform Manager:
- Go to Core > Security > Roles
- Click the Parent role link.
- Click on Tasks.
- Click Edit.
- Check the box for Edit Requests to allow Parents to edit Course Requests for their children.
- Check the box for Selection Order Save Parent/Student to allow Parents to view Course Requests for their children.
- Check the box for View Requests to allow Parents to view Course Requests for their children.
- Click Save & Exit to save any changes made.
- Once these tasks are marked, the Parent will be able to go to their child's profile from their main login screen (Parent persona) and see the Course Requests tab. As a reminder, Course Requests must have a begin date entered and be "open" for course requests to be visible.
*Note: Both tasks, Selection Order Save Parent/Student and View Requests, must be checked/activated for Parents to be able to see Course Requests in their child's profile.