When a Parent signs in, they can click their Candidate's name in the upper left corner (or, if they have more than one child, click "Children" and select the Candidate), and they will land on their child's Admissions Progress tab. When a Candidate signs in, they will land on their Admissions Progress tab by default.
From here, the Candidate or Parent can click the Decision tab. The Admissions Progress tab displays the Checklist and Checklist Steps that have been published. The Decision tab displays the decision.
To display the Decision Checklist Item on the Admissions Progress tab:
1. Publish the decision to the Candidate and Parent of Candidate:
- Go to Enrollment Management > Admissions > Admissions Setup > Checklists
- Edit the Checklist.
- Edit the Decision step you wish to publish.
- Select Yes for Candidate Publishing Options.
- Click Save.
2. Select the "Decision" on the Checklist. It must have an active publish date in order for the Decision to appear in the Decision tab.
- Go to Enrollment Management
- Use the People Finder search to locate and select the Candidate.
- Select the Checklist tab.
- Locate the Decision step, and click "Add" to the right of the step.
- In the two Publish Date fields, enter a date and time.
- Click Save.
To also display the Decision on the Candidate's Decision tab, complete the following in addition to Step 1 and Step 2:
- Go to Enrollment Management > Admissions > Admissions Setup > Decision Types
- To the right of each Decision Type you want to appear in the Decision tab, click the Pencil button.
- In the Edit Decision screen:
- Enter a School Decision (required)
- Select the Decision Type (required)
- Enter a Comment (optional): You can enter a Comment, which will display to users with their Decision. Use the Candidate Information Placeholders drop down to insert placeholders into the comment.
- Select your Mail Merge Template (optional)
- Select "Display contract only when candidate has accepted." (optional for accepted decision types only)
- Enter your Candidate Decision(s) (required)
- Click Save & Exit.
Once Step 1 and Step 3 are complete, adding a Decision to a Candidate's Checklist will then allow the Decision to appear in the Candidate's Decision tab for the Candidate and their Parent(s).