- The user can wait 30 minutes and the system will unlock the account automatically, the user will be able to login with their existing credentials.
- The user can go through the automated sign in help process to request a temporary password.
- A Platform Manager can unlock the account immediately.
If you wish to unlock the account immediately, go to Core:
- Click on Edit user profile data under Users
- Enter search criteria and click Search
- Click on Edit next to Sign In Information
If the user has been locked, the check box next to Disabled/Locked will be checked. To unlock, uncheck the box and click on Save & Exit.
There are several ways that a user's account can be locked or disabled. Constituents with a locked account are not able to sign in to the community. Constituents accounts can be locked in the following ways:
- A user has 6 consecutive failed login attempts
- Upon withdrawing employees or students
- Upon marking a user as deceased
- A Platform Manager manually disables the user's account
If a Platform Manager has manually disabled an account, the only way for it to be enabled is if the Platform Manager manually enables it.