To manually add a new user:
- From the persona menu, select Core
- Click Profile under Users/Access
- Select Add New User
- Enter the following fields under User Information:
- First Name (required)
- Last Name (required)
- Maiden Name
- Host ID: This field is used to match users in the system database with users in your existing database
- User Is: If the user is a current or future employee, select Employee.
Selecting "Employee" expands the screen to include Employment fields. See the Manage Employee Roles page for additional information
- Complete the following fields under Login Information:
- User does not log in: Select this option if the user does not need to log into the community. Selecting this option collapses the username and password fields
- User logs in using system Username and Password: Select this option if the user needs to log into the community.
- Username (required): Enter a unique username (not to exceed 100 characters). Make sure there are no spaces before or after the username as this will cause an error when the user tries to sign in.
- Temp Password: Enter a temporary password that is less than 25 characters; the user will be prompted to create a new password when they first log in
- Confirm Temp Password: Re-enter the temp password
- Click Save
After clicking Save, you may click Add Another User and repeat the above steps. Or click Edit to access the newly created profile.
To Edit an existing user's profile:
1.) Start from your Core persona.
2.) Navigate to Users/Access > Profile > Edit User Profile Data.
3.) Search and select the user you want to edit.
4.) Once in the user's profile, click Edit in the channel you want to edit information for, then Save.
Also see: How do I employ a new Faculty member? and How do I re-employ a Faculty member?