"Save Data with Report" should always be unchecked to ensure you pull the latest data with every view of the report.
Do not use Database Expert. The data source should have the database name that WhippleHill provided you with to access the data. To connect directly to the WhippleHill database, follow these steps:
- Look under the "Available Data Sources" window in the "Database Expert"
- Choose "Create New Connection".
- Then choose "OLE DB (ADO)" and a window will pop up.
- Search the list and choose "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" and click Next.
- Enter your WhippleHill info and click Finish.
- Create your Command under that new connection.