Using the Grade Access task, Grade Book Managers can determine if constituents can view students’ grade book grades.
Grade Book Managers can require that teachers publish their grade books, or they can give teachers the ability to decide for themselves if their grade books are published (teachers can publish/unpublish each class' grade book in the grade book display options).
The following groups can have access to view students’ grade book grades:
- Advisors: this group allows advisors to view their own advisees’ grade book grades.
- All School Advisors: this group allows all users with the advisor role to view all students’ grade book grades.
- Dorm Supervisors: this group allows all users with the dorm supervisor role to view all students’ grade book grades.
- Parents: this group allows parents to view their own children’s grade book grades.
- Students: this group allows students to view their own grade book grades.
To establish the grade book access, the following steps must be repeated for each school level and marking period:
- From the persona menu, select onCampus.
- Select Academics under Settings.
- Click Grade Access.
- Select the appropriate school year and school level.
- Click Edit next to the appropriate marking period.
- For each group, select one of the following options:
- No Display: the group will not have access to view the grade books.
- Display: teachers will have the ability to decide for themselves (for each section) if their grade books are shared with the group.
- Required: the group will have access to view the grade books and teachers cannot unpublish them.
- Display Dates: if "Display" or "Required" is selected, enter the dates during which the group will be able to view the grade books. If the fields are not populated, the grade books will be published immediately and indefinitely.
- Click Save & Exit.