Awards are used to display achievement on the transcript. Schools typically display academic and athletic awards, such as "literary award" or "student athlete of the year."
Award types are general categories of awards that the school gives students. Award types are not specific to any term or year.
To create an award type:
- Go to onRecord.
- Click Awards under Settings.
- Choose the filter options for the new award and click View.
- Click Add.
- Enter the Award Title and a description of the Award (optional).
- Click Save & Exit or Save & Add Another.
Award Managers can grant an award to a student in the Academic Profile. Awards are associated with a group type (academic, activity, advisory, athletics, or residence life) as well as with a specific school year and term.
To grant an award to a student:
- Go to onRecord.
- On the dashboard, search for the student using "Find Me Now."
- Click Academic Profile.
- Select the appropriate school year at the top of the profile.
- Click Add Award.
- Select the appropriate group type and term.
- Select the appropriate award.
- Enter the date that the award should be granted (optional).
- Enter additional comments (optional).
- Click Save & Add Another or Save & Close.
To delete Awards, navigate to:
- onRecord > Procedures > Awards > Search for the Student click View
- Click Delete next to the Student you no longer wish to display the Award for. It generates a message stating "Warning: You have chosen to delete the award Best Student for student (Firstname Lastname) click "Confirm" to continue."
- Click Confirm
If you want to Delete an Award, all the Awards would need to be removed from the Students that have these Awards.
Once the Awards are removed from the Students, you can delete the Award by navigating to:
- onRecord > Settings > Awards
- Click the red X to delete the Award
- If you are seeing a Lock icon this means there are Awards tied to Users which need to be removed before deleting the Award.
You can run a Report to see who has Awards. These Reports can be found by navigating to:
- Analyze > Reports
- In the Category dropdown select Awards
There are 2 Reports that can be used
- Award Report which allows you to select the Filters for School Year, Group Type, School Level, Term, Department, and Section if desired. This lists the Recipient, School Level, School Year, and Award Type
- Awards by Student Report which allows you to select the filters for School Year, School Level, Grade Level, Students (All or a specific Student), Award Type (Academics, Athletics etc), Award, and Selected Year Only (yes or no). This lists the Recipient, Group, Term and School Year, and Award
- Click Generate Report, from here you can View/Print PDF, Word, or Export to Excel if desired
Display Awards on Transcripts:
Grading Managers can choose to have awards display on the transcript. Please note that these options are only available to schools who have both Grading and Awards installed.
To add awards to the transcript:Go to onRecord.
- Click Grading under Performance.
- Click Transcript Builder.
- Click Edit next to the Transcript for which awards should be added.
- Under the awards section, choose the publish options for displaying awards and if it should display the award description.
- Click Save & Exit.