A constituent will appear in the Potential Duplicate Users task if his/her name, email, or wireless phone number matches another constituent’s name, email, or wireless phone number.
When Platform Managers review potential duplicate users, they will be able to view and compare the following information:
- User ID
- Date Created
- Wireless Phone
- Home Phone
- Home Address
- Application Form (appears if the user has a saved, submitted, or processed application in onBoard)
If the new user and the existing user are the same person, Platform Managers should select "Merge Accounts." When accounts are merged, the new user is deleted and the information from the new user’s account overwrites, or is added to, the existing user’s account (existing usernames will not be overwritten). It is not currently possible to select which fields will or will not be overwritten and/or added. Merging records cannot be undone.
If the new user and the existing user are different people, Platform Managers should select "Leave Accounts Separate." Selecting "Leave Accounts Separate" signifies that the new user is not a duplicate of any of the existing users (if there are multiple potential duplicate records for a constituent, a dropdown list will appear at the top of the Existing User column). Once this is done, it cannot be undone. If you leave accounts separate, they cannot be merged later on.
Platform Managers can also use the "30-Day History" button to view the list of records that were merged within the past thirty days (this list does not include records that were kept separate).
In order for Platform Managers, or anyone in a cloned Platform Manager role, to have access to the Potential Duplicate Users task, the “Duplicate Users” and “Potential Duplicate Users” items must be enabled for the role in the Manage Roles task.
To review and merge accounts:
- Navigate to Core > Users > Potential Duplicate Users
- Click on the name of the new user in the left-hand column.
- A dropdown list will appear at the top of the Existing User column if the new user’s information matches multiple existing users. Select each existing user from the dropdown to review his/her information.
- Compare the data from the new user’s record with the existing user’s record. Items highlighted in blue denote differences between the new user’s information and the existing user’s information.
- If necessary, click on the User ID to view the user’s Contact Card.
- Click Merge Accounts > Confirm or click Leave Accounts Separate.