To customize e-mail and text notifications:
- From the persona menu, select onMessage
- Click Notification under Communications
- Click Notifications
- From the category dropdown list, select the appropriate Category
- From the Type dropdown list, select the appropriate Type
- Click View, then click Edit next to the notification you want to update
- Use the following options to update the notification:
- Notification Properties:
- Name: Use this field to change the name of the notification, e.g. Announcement Posted.
- Active: Use this option to activate/deactivate the notification. Inactive notifications will not appear on the My Notifications Master Page and users will not be able to subscribe to them.
- E-mail Notification
- Reply E-mail: Use this option to enter an e-mail address that users can respond to.
- From Name: Use this option to enter a name that will appear in the "from" field. Most schools enter their school name.
- Subject: Use this option to enter a subject for the notification. The subject will be used for all notifications so it should be generic. Placeholders can be part of the subject.
- Body: Use this field to enter the body of the e-mail. Use the placeholders to automatically insert notification-specific content into the e-mail.
- Text Notification:
- Body: Use this field to create a message that is less than 160 characters. Use the placeholders to automatically insert notification-specific content into the text message.
- Select Roles with Access - Academic Groups Only: Use this task to select which roles will have access to subscribe to assignment notifications from the My Notifications master page.
Each notification has its own unique set of placeholders. Edit the notification to view the available placeholders.