1. Create a shortcut on the desktop to npo\found\fims\copytestopen.bat
- You can do this by right-clicking that file in the \npo\found\FIMS folder and click "Send-To" > "Desktop"
3. In the "Target" field, add the paths to the Live database, Demo database, and the dlc directory. Do ensure you add these paths in the correct order. The batch file that will copy Live to Demo really just copies "1" to "2", it doesn't know which is which. Adding the demo path before the Live path would erase your live database, and overwrite it with the demo data. The full target field would look something like this (you may have a different drive letter):
- Target= c:\npo\found\FIMS\copytestopen.bat c:\npo\found\dbfiles\found c:\npo\demo\dbfiles\found c:\npo\dlc
- Start In= c:\npo\found\FIMS
4. Click on the copy live to test shortcut you just created and run it. When the batch file runs it will ask if you are sure you want to proceed, press y then hit enter. The window should close upon completion.
Note: DO NOT stop your Live database before you run this program. Your Live database must be up and running for the task to work. Users do not need to log out of the FIMS live database in order to update your Test database but they will be kicked out of the Demo database because the task will automatically shut down the demo database, restore live data to test\demo, then re-starts the Demo database.
If you have moved servers, be sure your copytestopen.bat file located in npo\found\fims has the correct DLC path set. To check that edit the bat file in Notepad, and check this line which is about 18 lines down in the bat file. It should appear as below. You will need to change the drive letter for where the DLC folder is on your server if its not on C: