- Right click My Computer and choose Map Network Drive.
- Drive = N
- Folder: = \\servername\npo - servername = the name of the server. If you do not know the name of the server, go to a workstation that has FIMS and look at the N drive in My Computer. It will say NPO on xxxx (xxxx is the name of the server).
- Make sure Reconnect at Logon is checked.
2. FIMS shortcut
- Double click My Computer.
- Double click N drive.
- Right click the New FIMS Shortcut and choose Send To > Desktop.
3. FIMS Workstation Setup.exe
- Find the FIMS Workstation Setup.exe on the FIMS Server (normally in npo\found\fims)
- Click to run
- This installer checks for and installs the following required components to a workstation:
Visual C++ 2005
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX
4. Resolving Control Frame widget errors – register 2 files
2. Log into the workstation as the Administrator
4. Choose Run as Administrator
5. Type in the following 2 commands separately
If you get an error message then do the following (otherwise skip to step 5):
- Copy the two files (n:\dlc\bin\prox.dll and n:\found\fims\tview4gl.ocx) to the c:\windows\sysWOW64 folder.
- Then in the command pompt window:
- Type in the following 2 commands separately
- Regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\prox.dll
- Regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\tview4gl.ocx
- You will receive a pop up that states each was successful.
5. Resolving .NET Assemblies Errors
Type: reports.bat n:\dlc\bin\* n:\found\assemblies\* reports.log
Type: type reports.log
If you see the message “Added union code group with “-url” membership condition to the Machine level. Success” then the errors should be resolved.
I have seen that a user account in a company setting with higher security settings will have to login to the workstation with a local administrator and launch FIMS (get error) then close out of FIMS. Then on re-entry they will not receive the error anymore on any user on that workstation.
6. (Optional) Resolving errors running Graphical Reports
- In FIMS, select: Tools > System Utilities > Run Procedure
- Click Browse and open N:\found\FIMS\TOOLS\loadClrRegardless.p
- Click OK to run the process
- Log out of and back in to FIMS
- Run the graphical report If the error persists, ensure the workstation has Microsoft .NET v2.0.50727
- In Windows Explorer, verify ‘C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727’ exists
- If the folder does not exist, open N:\dlc\install\3party and run dotnetfx.exe -
- When installation is complete, log in to FIMS and run a graphical report.