Yes. This feature is intended to restrict access to check printing by requiring user names and passwords. FIMS system administrators can configure any number of "Required Users" to be validated for check printing.
To set up the Required User list, do the following:
- Select Tools > System Utilities > Run Procedure.
- Browse to found\FIMS\gui\ap folder and select the d-cpvulm.w file.
- Click OK.
- The "Check Printing Validation User List Maintenance" window opens and displays a list of FIMS users that can be added to or removed from the Required Users Validation list.
- Initially there will not be any Required Users so anyone can add users.
- If a change is made to the list, then all Required Users will have to be validated (user IDs and passwords) before the change will be accepted.
- Select the desired user(s) from the User List and click Add to add them to the Required Users list.
- When you are finished, click OK.
- When checks are printed, the User-ids and passwords for each of the Required Users will be requested.
- If the user is validated, then check printing will proceed as usual, otherwise, the process will terminate with an error.