Most foundations have a one to one relationship between the scholarship fund ID and the fund ID. Other foundations have complex scholarship programs and a single donor fund might contain many scholarship programs. Thus there needs to be a scholarship fund record to identify the many different scholarship programs within the same donor fund ID. Each scholarship fund id contains the fund id and also a number to indicate which associated program. That means that there can be more than one Fund Scholarship record per Fund. Here are a few examples:
- Scholarships that have different names
- Different award criteria
- Different amounts
To create a Fund Scholarship record:
- Click on File Maintenance in the Scholarship Module.
- Click on Fund Scholarship Records.
- Click the New button in the upper left side of the toolbar to create a new Scholarship fund record.
- You will be choosing from your entire list of Fund IDs - not creating a new fund id.
- This step classifies a fund as a scholarship fund.
- You will notice some new fields that can help you better manage the scholarship process.
- Once you save this record the Fund Scholarship record will be available for new Scholarship Applications.