You would set up the percentages and asset accounts for the trailing quarter fees in a similar manner as regular fees. Please see online help or a PDF version of the manual if you need to review those steps. The additional element in setting up the trailing quarters is:
- Go to File Maintenance > Funds > Fund Code Maintenance > Administrative Fees
- Open up the fee code you want to convert to trailing quarters or create a new one.
- Click on the Asset Based radio button
- In the middle you will see a box labeled Trailing Quarters, check the box.
- Enter the number of quarters in the box that appears.
- Save the fee code after entering the fee percentages and asset accounts as usual.
- The trailing quarter selection should only be made for trailing quarter fee calculations.
To run the fee:
- Select the Fund Module
- Select the Processes tab
- Run the Edit and Post Administrative Fee process
- Make appropriate selections in the various dates and check boxes.
- When running the trailing quarter fee code you must use Evaluation Method option #7 or #8