If the check has already been printed and posted, but it used the check stock from a different account than shown, do the following:
- Create a journal entry in General Ledger to move the payment from the current cash account to the correct one.
- Void the check, but do not create a debit memo. Use original check dates.
- Change the historic voucher in Accounts Payable to reflect the correct cash account using the steps in the other scenario below.
- Process a new check with the old check number and date.
- Login to FIMS with the user id of "NPO". You will have to find the password if not blank.
- Find the voucher in the History tab in AP.
- Navigate to the Line Item tab.
- Modify ONLY the cash account. Do not change the expense or payable account.
- Save the record.