- Create a new import file or download the template import file.
- Add a single profile on each row, filling out the necessary fields for each column
- Columns A - AV are used for import. Each column must have the correct data in it, and columns can't be rearranged.
- Column A is required. "O" indicates an Organization, "I" indicates an Individual.
- Column F is required for all Individual records.
- Column S is required for all Organization records.
- Column AS is required as the Address Type is also required on a profile record.
- Refer to the Profile Import Mapping Guide for specific import field information
- Select File > Save As for your spreadsheet and change the Save as Type to a .CSV file.Then save in an easily accessible location.
- In FIMS, access the utility by this path: Tools > System Utilities > Admin Utilities > Profile Imports > DIY Profile Import.
- Select Browse to find and select the file you just saved. (If you didn't use column headers on the .csv file, uncheck the box for "First Row Contains Labels")
- Click OK.
- If there are any errors with the imported data, FIMS will notify you and stop the import. Correct the data and repeat the import process.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.