- Find the check in the Payments tab in Accounts Payable.
- Choose an appropriate void date.
- Select or type in a void reason.
- Do NOT create a debit memo if the check void is associated with a grant. The grant adjustment will handle that.
- If this is an admin voucher and you do not plan on cutting or creating a new check, then you will want to remove the voucher and thus a debit memo is appropriate.
- Click the Void Payment button. This will create the necessary journal entries.
- As a convenience, you'll have the option of running the GL edit report to post these entries.
Once again, if you plan to print a replacement check or if this is a grant payment, do not check the Create Debit Memo checkbox. It is always recommended you add the reason for the void in the space provided.