In addition to combining Gift and Grant history, this utility combines Contacts, Relationships, Alternate Addresses, Affiliations, Fund Associations and Notes. If the same notepad is used for both Profiles, the notes attached to the "from" Profile will be appended to those in the "to" Profile.
Important: The information on the FROM Profile record will not be moved to the TO Profile. Review the information on both Profile records (Profile 1, Profile 2, and Salutations tab and FieldMaker tab) before running this procedure. Manually copy and paste any data you want preserved on the FROM Profile into the TO Profile before continuing.
- In the Profile Management module, select File Maintenance / Combine Two Profiles .
- The Combine Two Profiles window opens.
- In the Copy From Profile field, enter the ID code of the Profile record that you want to copy data from (and possibly delete). If you are not sure of the ID code, click the arrow in this field to select from a Profile lookup list.
- In the Copy To Profile field, enter the ID code of the recipient Profile record. If you are not sure of the ID code, click the arrow in this field to select from a Profile lookup list. (Recommended)
- If you want to change Gift History information to reflect the updated Profile information, select the Change CC, Honor/Memorial, and Match ID Codes in Gift History checkbox.
- Click OK .
- A confirmation window opens to ask if you want to delete the Copy From Profile record.
- Click Yes to combine the records and delete the Copy From Profile record, or No to combine the records and keep them both.