To adjust or write off a Pledge, follow these steps:
- Go to the Pledge Module and Pledge History.
- Find the Pledge you want to adjust or write off.
- Click on the Pledge tab and click either the Adjust Pledge or Write-Off Pledge button.
- You will be prompted to enter an Adjustment or Write-Off date. This is the Apply Date that will be used for the adjusting General Ledger journal entry.
- If you're using Adjust Pledge, you will be taken to the Adjust Pledge window where you can make the necessary corrections. For example, to change the Amount, simply click into the Amount field and enter the correct Amount. Note: To change the Fund(s) or G/L Account(s), zero out the existing line item(s), and add new line item(s) to the appropriate Fund(s). Click Save and Done when finished. A message will appear telling you the process created an unposted Pledge and that you must post it to update Pledge History and the General Ledger.
If you're using Write-Off Pledge, after entering the Write-Off date, a message will appear telling you the process created an unposted Pledge and that you must post it to update Pledge History and the General Ledger. For more detailed information on doing a Pledge Adjustment or Write-Off, click on FIMS Online Help and search for Pledge Management > Adjusting and Writing Off Historic Pledges.