- Select it and then click on the Adjustment tab.
- Select the Reverse Gift button and enter the appropriate Reversal Date for GL purposes.
- Click on the small General Ledger tab and adjust the GL accounts that will be affected by this reversal.
- Change the debit account to the Accounts Payable account for this Fund.
- Save, then run the Edit and Post.
NOTE: If the refund is a partial refund, you would reverse the original gift, enter a new gift for the correct amount, enter a journal entry to record a debit to cash and credit to AP for the amount to refund. Enter a voucher in AP using AP account as expense, then create a check to the donor. See attached document for processing partial refunds.
Next, go to the Profile module, find and select the Donor Profile record. You need to add them as a Vendor so that you can issue a refund check to them.
- Click on the Vendor tab
- Click on the New button on the toolbar
- Click Save.
Go to the Accounts Payable module and go to the Item Entry supertab.
- Enter a new AP Item by clicking the New button on the toolbar.
- Select the Donor as the Vendor, and fill out the necessary fields on the Item tab including the Description and Invoice No.
- Tip: For Invoice No., you could enter the Gift Number or today's date.
- Invoice Date defaults to today, but you can change it if necessary. This will become the GL Apply Date.
- Click Save.
- Click on the Line Items tab and
- Click the New button on the toolbar.
- On the Line Amount field enter the amount of the refund.
- The Description should default in from the Line Item tab (if not, fill it in).
- Click on each GL account lookup button and search for the GL accounts belonging to the Fund the Gift originally went to.
- On the first Expense line, choose the Accounts Payable account instead of an Expense account.
- The lines should look like this:
14. Go to the Open Items supertab and print the refund check.
15. Post the check print entries.